Oregon really is beautiful during the summer, and perhaps that's why we Oregonians put up with the gray and gloom for the other 305 some days of the year.
Well, the day really did start out gloomy. Rain, gray skies, fog-bound shores...
But as it got closer to noon the sun burst out gloriously and all was, literally, sunshine and blue skies.
This is a shot out of the van window of the view from the Newport bridge.
I love that bridge. I especially love teasing some of the bridge-shy people in our family by singing "Newport bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down..."
By then the shark was gone.
It's so cool to have sharks and fish swimming overhead.
Ah, yes, this. Its fish...I think... I must have twisted the camera. Hey, its actually kinda neat! Let's do more! Em! Em! Look what I just did!
Okay, be forewarned, I LOVE trying to capture these streams of light filtering through the water. Got that?




-hums JAWS theme-
"I have a bad feeling about this place."
"I think there's something in here!"
Blurry, yes. Grainy, yes. Well, I tried, but otherwise I might have been a good pic.
-Squawks- "Dead men tell no tales." Sorry. That's just what this pic made me think of.
'Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light.' Gen. 1:3




Those who go in never come back out...alive.
Oh, this was my favorite exhibit.


These guys are hard to get! It was really dark there, and I had set the camera on "beach" setting, "for bright beach scenes." So the sea lions looked like bright blobs in against a bright blue background.
And then I found out about this thing called ISO. I does this thing to thing with the thingy so you can blah, blah, blah... Whatever it is, it made my pictures better.
LOL.
Taking pictures through glass that is highly smeared and stickified by grubby hands is no easy task, atleast for me. Em didn't seem to have a problem.
This is the lookout where we stopped for lunch. On days like this I wish I could live by the ocean.


"We're going to steal a ship? That ship?"
"Commandeer, is the nautical term. We're going to commandeer that ship."
"Oh, the Dauntless is the power in these waters. But there's no ship as can match the Interceptor for speed."
"Mine!" Are they waiting for something? Is there something particularly attractive about the table where ten people are eating?



Oregon, My Oregon.
No comments:
Post a Comment