But the 4th was very nice. We had some dear friends and families from church over to our house for a sort of potluck dinner and dessert. Oh, and don't forget the fireworks!!
We had an assortment of sparklers, pop-its, smoke bombs and small fireworks (like the butterflies!! I LOVE those!).
And then Casey came. Where we would be without her, I don't know, but she sure saved the day!
LOL! I think it was definitely a deliberate act that she bought the big "Blazing Rebel," since she's a rebel and I'm a yankee.
The Fellowship...
But it was wonderful. I stayed outside a while after everyone left and listened to the boom of distant fireworks.
I loved thinking about how all across this great country, Americans are celebrating their liberty...Or what's left of liberty that our fathers fought and died for.
Is THIS, where we are now and what we are now, worth all that blood, and all those lives?
No comments:
Post a Comment