18.7.11

19 Going on 20

No, not me, unfortunately. That's Cait. She turned 19 last week, and Audrey turned 1.
And, as tradition, once begun, cannot be broken, we went again to Newberg to peruse the antique store there. Oh, and how convenient that 'The Sweetest Thing' cupcake shop should be just down the road!
I didn't get any pics from the antique store since I was carrying Audrey for Mom and besides that I was too busy poking through dusty shelves, leafing through old books with yellowed pages barely hanging onto the binding and digging for some fantastic find among the vintage patterns.
I never did find that perfect pattern, but oh well.
Cait did actually buy something there. It looks like a stick with metal loops to me, but she assures me it will be just dandy to use on her draft goats. LOL.
While she paid for said stick the rest of us girls found much more interest in a fire engine and a medic that pulled up right across the street to investigate a gas leak (it took us forever to find out what they were doing, and got this information from a lady whose car was parked on the street the fire department had blocked off).
I probably never would have paid much interest in stuff like that had Chris and Dad not become volunteers with Sheridan Fire District.

And so, without further ado, here's the pics of the Sweetest Thing.


Wait, I have to pick just one?
Keep in mind that I took all these pics with Em's little digital camera, hence the blurriness.
Mocha cupcakes...Ingenious!
Twist my arm to indulge my sweet tooth!


A peep into the workspace...
More ingenious yet is the toothsome combination of peanut butter and chocolate. This is the best selection they have!






Proof of its goodness.


"What's that?"
"This is a pint."
"They come in pints? I want one!"


No comments: