20.8.10

Random Thoughts

Lazy Granola isn't really a lazy sort of undertaking for a cook like me. I make about one mistake for every three meals. The most ridiculous mistakes, too! Is it so hard to tell the difference between salt and sugar when making cinnamon rolls? Am I the only cook who forgets on a regular basis to grease their baking pans? And how many pots of oatmeal must one scorch before realizing that you shouldn't leave the pot unattended for long periods of time?

I have made progress on my stories, but it would be embarrassing to say how many pages I have written. Too few, is all I'll say.
One is the story of a British army nurse during WWII in the 48th Surgical hospital. The 48th was
there during Operation Torch, at Algiers, and in France shortly after D-Day.
I'm less serious about the second story. It's about an American girl who goes overseas with YWCA during WWI (YWCA was one of the few organizations that actually sent women to France) as a canteener/nurse. Not much more to it, but the experiences of the ladies were often dangerous, sad, exhausting and hilarious!

I turn 15 in six days. I can't wait to get my permit!

I've successfully sewed five dresses and my first pair of shorts at our church sew-ins. These, along with the work of many other ladies, will be given to Little Dresses for Africa. You can check out my Mom's blog about this as well.
One of the simplest dress patterns in the world. That is why I managed to sew five. :)

'Tis the season for peaches, blackberries, blueberries, apples, etc... I'd say canning is one of the stickiest jobs around. Blackberry jam and peach juice have a way of going into all the places you don't want them to.

School starts up in a week or three. YAY!! Am I the only one who's excited about that?

No comments: