3.9.10

Day #8

Yes, I have been avoiding this.
I took a break from blogger, yes.
I've been busy, yes.
But, most of all, I have been avoiding this.

A thank you letter to someone who has changed your life.

I have dozens of friends and family members who have changed my life! How do I narrow it down to just ONE?
Hmmmm....
Okay, would it be fair to just say, my church family?
Our church has changed a LOT since are former pastor left, but change isn't always bad--even if you do call yourself a baptist.
We've been very blessed by people who really know the Lord, who set examples (of which I am so glad and really ought to be better for having) and have a lot of the same values as my family does.
I want to thank them for setting examples of Christian lives and really acting and living in a Christ-like manner. I've learned a lot from them (though there is still a lot of room for improvement!), I've had good debates and talks with them and I've enjoyed working with them. I love the Christian fellowship we share as we all walk the same path Heavenward.

Here I want to make note of one thing: I think that sometimes my writings give the impression that I'm a good, Christian girl who always knows what's right and always gets along with her family.
If I gave that impression, I apologize. The one thing I need most is patience and love. I struggle most with being kind to my siblings and giving up my rights. I opened the door to my heart and let Jesus in, but there's still housecleaning to be done. Funny how you never notice the mess until you have company.
Justification is 'the divine act of declaring sinners to be righteous on account of their faith in Jesus Christ'. Past tense. I have been justified.

Sanctification is 'the process in which God develops the new life of the believer and gradually brings it to perfection'. Present tense. I am being sanctified.

Glorification is 'the ultimate salvation of the whole person. This occurs when we are face to face with our Saviour in His coming kingdom'. Future tense. I will be glorified.

No comments: