If I had to describe myself, I would say, first of all, I am quiet and pretty shy (mostly around folks I don't know very well). Coffee lover. History freak. Eccentric. Yankee to the core and proud of it! Deep thinker who doesn't communicate what they think. Ambitious. Stubborn. Lover of adventure. Writer who doesn't make the effort to write well.
The third oldest of nine and probably doomed to be the shortest of them.
I can hardly open my mouth without jesting or cracking some corny joke, yet I can't stand shallow conversation (yeah, I know, I sound like Mary Bennet now. 'I think a ball is a perfectly irrational way to make new acquaintances. It would be much better of conversation, instead of dancing, were the order of the day.' Almost).
Aspiring activist. I want to think I'm tough. I want to think I'm courageous. -winks-
I want to believe that I could handle tough situations. I want to push to my limits. I want to find my limits. I want to set new boundaries.
I want to be a nurse (I think). And most of all, I want to serve on the mission field (medical and Christian) in the Middle East (crazy, yes, I've heard).
If you want to get on my good side, tell me you are proud to be an American and that you've placed your life in God alone.
If you want to argue with me, I'd say the fastest way to do it is to get on the track of 'girls should always wear skirts, girls should stay at home, girls shouldn't work, etc...'
So if you piece all that together you might understand why it's difficult for me to express myself. I'm also afraid that if I got too carried away in speaking my mind I might end up scalding some ears. (Grace under pressure. Grace under pressure)
So now you know me. That's me in a big nutshell. If this will somehow help me to be more honest and engaging in my posts, hallelujah!
If not, I'm going to have to find a creative way to hold my readers' interest.
Bear with me. :P
2 comments:
Megan, that was fun and interesting to read... and I think you've almost described me!
You know, I think you and I do have a lot in common and we just don't realize it. :)
I'm going to have to investigate you. ;P
Post a Comment