Hey ya'll! Long time no talk! Hope you had a very merry Christmas! Mine, I am happy to say, was fantastic!
I started by staying up until 1 am the 22nd (or would that be the 23rd?) as we waited for Chris and Katie. Their whole trip seems to have gotten bungled up, but they did actually get here!
We had a great weekend full of eating, talking joking, watching movies and just doing family stuff--stuff we hadn't been able to do with Chris for about five months.
I've got some good lookin' brothers (two not shown). There's just something about camouflage...

It melted my heart when Connor opened his present, with his little ABU's inside, and Carver sighed, "Maybe someday I'll get a uniform like that."
Well, imagine his ecstasy when he did! I think the boys have worn their uniforms every day since.
No snow this year, but that's okay. Having family was good enough. We went and watched a lights show, you know the ones where someone with too much time has their house lighted up and all the lights are set to music.
It's pretty cool!
Highlights of this Christmas
- seeing the light show
- eating pizza, cinnamon rolls, sugar cookies and oreo truffles! Diet? Pfffft!
- playing dutch blitz and losing almost every single round ;D
- watching The Christmas Card and not feeling guilty because we already sent our cards to the troops off!
- the Christmas Eve service, which is always so beautiful!
- The Muppet's Christmas Carol!
- trying to figure out how to wrap a coffee card without it actually looking like a coffee card. Fail.
- sleeping in an staying up late
- staying in pajamas for half the day :D
Of course, afterwards there's the mixture of regret about all the junk you've eaten and recklessness as you attack the chocolates!
Em and I started a workout plan called "Train Like a Slayer". Not sure what part of pop culture that refers to, but it sure is a killer for pansies like us!
Ha ha.
So we train insane and then we're hungry, so we raid our chocolate stashes and there goes all that hard work!
Brilliant.
And of course, I have to make some mention of school, because it is the axis around which my life revolves (not really).
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aahh, that felt good.
Aahh, that felt good.
-Textbook- What's the difference between a direct proof and an indirect proof?
-Me- One is direct, one is indirect. Duh!
But praise the Lord, the SAT does NOT include formal geometry proofs!
Anyway, I guess I'm a student now, at least because I applied to Chemeketa and have a Chemeketa account.
Lord willin' I'll start taking classes in the fall term of 2013. In some ways, that sounds really far away, but in others, it feels like it's coming on fast.
Well, I suppose the next time I write it will be a New Year, so farewell, my friends. We will meet again next year!
-thinks to self-One night I went to sleep in 2012, and when I woke up in 2013.
"We just sucked a year of your life away. Tell me, how do you feel?"
Oh, and, congratulations to all you who survived the apocalypse!

We considered calling some of our friends, asking if they'd been left behind too! :P
Ha ha.
Now, goodnight!


1 comment:
Awwwww, the little guys look adorable!!!!!
Hugs, Aunt M
Post a Comment