1.3.13

Food Love & Fitness


Philippians 3:12

 Ummmm, wow. It's been like a small eternity since I've written.
And there's kind of been a lot going on in my life.
Why was I considering abandoning this blog?

 But, before my train of thought derails (and of which there are never any survivors), I must go on with the food and fitness theme.
I LOVE food. There's just no way around the fact, no way to hide it.
Also I love Pinterest, and food and Pinterest go hand in hand.
This was day #2 of Pinterest recipe testing, and it was soooooooooooooo amazing I knew I'd have to share it.
Cinnamon Roll Cake.
-wipes drool from the keyboard-
A must try! Click here for this awesome recipe.

Now for the fitness part, after you've eaten two pieces of this sinfully delicious cake you might, like me, need to go run off those calories.
 Em and I are using a running program called "The Blue Running Program".
The name may sound kind of ambiguous, until you actually start running. You jump from running 40 sec. and walking 1 min. to running 3 min. and walking 1 min. in 3 weeks. After that it's 4 minutes of running, to 6 minutes, to 8!
 I do NOT possess any significant athletic abilities and this is tough--really tough--for me.
So when you get stuck at run 1 walk 1 for 2-3 weeks, the result is, well, BLUE!
We did hill work for a week, then found that running for 2 minutes on a flat, rocky road was easier than running 1 minute up monstrous hills, but if you have ANY advice for runners in a rut, please leave a comment!
.

Pssssst! I'm going to be an Auntie!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My advice to a runner in a rut... stop running. try the couch.

Dad

Anonymous said...

Running is so much fun! :) And you are making me hungry! :P

BTW, do you use G-talk? It's a way to chat live and is free through Google. If you have a gmail account, then you already have G-talk available to you. Heehee, I admit, I'm a little bored. I want Someone to talk to. :P Just thought I'd mention G-talk.

Megan said...

I think I do have G-talk, now that I have a Chemeketa student e-mail account.
I was actually hoping we could figure out how to contact you.

-giggles- now I sound like Thor.
"Friend, I have acquired an account with your Midgardian network, compatible with what you call G-mail. Let us converse via this expedient medium of communication."

Anonymous said...

LOL! Okay, well, since I don't want to post my email publicly here, I'll post it on penmaidens' guild.