11.6.12

Fashion Inspiration of Unfashionable Me


As the post title implies, I am not a fashionable person. I'm an impulse buyer. At Goodwill, if I see something that strikes my fancy, odds are I will buy it.
autumn tones...Of late I've gotten better about assessing an article of clothing and thinking, "Okay, what do I have that would match with this? Is this something I'll really wear? Is it a good color on me?"
 Funny thing is, when I try something on at the store, it'll look fine, but when I've worn it once or twice I notice that this is soooo not flattering on me.
Somebody should teach a seminar on how to pick clothes that emphasize your good points and make you look like you know what century you're in.
I'm more or less serious.
I have a lot of clothes (cumulative I guess) and I'm trying to figure out how to maximize my options, get bold and otherwise make my money worth it. There's another seminar; how to pick just a few articles of clothing to make dozens of outfits.
Love the trousers, ruffled blouse, red cardigan, and especially the hair.  :)
Simple & elegant.  There are some people who can do that, aren't there?

 But anyway, this is a random post in which I share some fashion favorites.

Here are a few that I really like, but I'm not sure I could actually live  in clothes like these.Grey top. Jean skirt. White coat. Teal purse and scarf. Grey flats. LOVE!White shirt. Coral skirt. Brown belt.Not the heels. But I like her hair and the cardigan over the ruffled blouse.Long paisley skirt. Mom could wear this!















I mean, seriously, can one live in that and not just be a fashion model?
I probably couldn't.

 Hmmmm... We're getting closer...
Love the pop of yellow!
Like the simplicity.Red top. White necklace. Denim skirt. Black flats.Brown & denim.Beautiful top. Love the color & style!Long dark denim skirt.Dark wash, well-fitting, trouser style jeans.Long, full jean skirt. Mustard top. White ribbon belt.


Aha! Here we go! Liveable inable clothes that can stand up to changing diapers, cleaning, randomly dropping down and doing sit-ups and push-ups, typhoons (dress for Oregon weather!), being chased through a jungle by velociraptors and other "normal" life functions.


cargo pants bagMountain Khakis Utility Pants. They have long lengths, they fit & look nice!utility pantsCargo Pants

3 comments:

Hannah said...

I love your new blog theme! :)

Anonymous said...

Haahaa! I love how you fit in Jurassic park pics in there! :D I like Ellen's (is that her name?) outfit. It would be fun to wear, only give it a modern twist. Oh, and Sarah is awesome. 8-) So are hiking pants, but expensive! :shudders: I've always really wanted some though. I love the girl-in-the-red-shirt's outfit! Looks classy but casual and comfy. You have a good taste. ;)

I know what you mean! I tend to buy on impulse too, so I have to rein myself in a lot. lol!

Megan said...

Agreed! Sarah is awesome! Ellie too!
Glad I share the same taste with someone else! I just wish that would carry over into real world clothing, not just pics on the internet. ;D