No, I', not in a space shuttle about to leave earth. No it's not almost my birthday (well, that might depend on your perspective. Is 4 months "almost"?). No, I'm not going anywhere exciting...yet.
I'm going mad, is what.
I'm counting down, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6... Until my doomsday.
That is, my SATurday.
Get it? SAT? Hahahahaha! Ah, ahem...
-chirp, chirp-
Okay, enough of the corny jokes. I really can be serious sometimes, and THIS is one of those times.
My SAT is approaching rapidly.
A friend told me that if you've done algebra 1 then you'll probably be okay for them mathematics section in the test.
One glance at the Barron's practice SAT book was telling me otherwise. I suppose most 11th graders have already done geometry, but I haven't!
So I borrowed a geometry book from some friends (I had planned on going through it over the summer anyway) and decided I wanted to set a record in doing 110 lessons in just 2 weeks.
Okay, maybe just half of the book, just so I can get some of the basics down pat.
So I slave away, early in the morning to late in the night.
Ha, ha. Not quite.
All my family and friends are thinking, "You are waaay over reacting. People take tests all the time, and they come out alive even!"
Still. My mind is saying, "If you don't do well on this, you are doomed to a future of mopping floors at McDonalds, or worse..."
-Simulation of test day-
Megan sits down and takes a deep breath.
Megan stares at the paper in front of her.
Megan stares some more.
Then she starts filling in bubbles.
The clock is ticking.
Megan has no idea what to do.
She guesses wildly, blindly filling in more bubbles.
The supervisor calls out the remaining time.
Megan lays her head down on the table in defeat.
Something like that. And then you need chocolate to console yourself. LOL.
And then...


2 comments:
I am sure you will do great, Megan! :) I will be praying all will go well.
Thank you so much, Hannah!
Post a Comment