All too often I get frustrated and irritated with people who are different from me, whether that means they eat different, dress different, like different music, movies, have different opinions on this or that, etc...
You know what that is?
That's pride. And I've got it bad.
That's thinking I always know what's best and my opinions are the best, me, me, me...
Ouch.
So I finally realized what the problem is.
That's step #1.
I do like people in general, and sometimes I find their quirks and foibles and hobbies amusing and interesting, but when something they like doesn't agree with me...Me, me, me...
'Excuse me! You didn't stop to ask me what I think! I know what's best and I know all about this or that!'
Step #2: Keep remembering that I don't know everything, and be open to listening and learning.
Step #3: Reconciliation.
There. I don't make New Year's resolutions because I'm never really serious about them, but there's one thing I'm open to changing this year.
It's a mew, blank year waiting to be written, and "not failure, but low aim is crime."
Originally, what I had wanted to post about was all the weird (-wink-) things Em and I want to do. We talk about this a lot on our walks, and its kinda crazy.
-Fly an airplane (Em and I kinda want to)
-Jump out of an airplane (i.e. Skydive. That's me)
-Downhill skiing (Em would rather snowboard)
-Go on a mission trip (anywhere!)
They say you're indestructible until God decides to take you home. ;D
"Being normal is not always a virtue; it often denotes a lack of courage."
We decided we'd commandeer a helicopter and be an missionary/medical team that flies out to remote places, etc...
I'm not sure we were serious though. :)
3 comments:
haa, haa! I love all of you four crazy things you want to do! :)
count me in! ;)
Ah, I knew I could count on you!
-wink-
Post a Comment