The coupon cutting had to come to a temporary halt, due to not only lack of coupons but lack of time and will-power as well.
I just sent off a package of hope-kits today-- that same package that I've been waiting to ship for months!
School is in full force. Math's okay, history's fantastic and I think that studying about fungus is one of the driest and dullest subjects biology can throw at you.
I, uh, went slack in the knitting department for a while and now I'm trying to make up for it by keeping two scarves going at once. I keep one upstairs and one downstairs, that way I always have a project lying close by for me to pick up, knit up another row or three and run off to the next thing that needs to be done. -Whew!-
Of course, I say I don't have time to do this or that, yet I still have time to sit in front of the computer, or go outside and play two-square with Em. Funny ol' world, isn't it?
My driving... Well... Let's just say I haven't hit anybody or taken out any mailboxes or run off the road.
Dad took me out on Hwy. 18 a little while ago, and that was okay. It's straight, it's flat, it's wide, though I will say that pulling into a teeny produce barn parking lot to try and turn around and go head home wasn't a very good idea. I was so afraid I was going to overshoot across the road into the ditch!
Today, however, was my first experience in town, and it wasn't so bad. I only came to one stoplight, and although I did kinda swerve into the opposite lane in my turn, none of that was as bad as getting back onto Hwy. 18.
Dad: Okay, you need to be doing 55 to get onto the highway. And don't slow down!
Me: 55!? -gulp-
Dad: Okay, check your mirrors, check your blind-spot. Don't slow down!
And I'm inwardly going, 'Aah! I'm not going to make it!'
Don't panic, don't, slow down, just go!
But I'm alive, and a little wiser for the experience.
Mennagerie farm has grown almost overnight. I don't really do much outside now. I don't have any animals. My care is the lawn mower and the backyard. ;D
You can see Cait's blog for all the updates on the farm. I'll admit, the calf is cute.
Well, that's my life of late. Busy enough. I've got a bunch of things I want to catch up on, but don't necessarily need to catch up on. Reading (The Federalist Papers isn't one of those books I can just sit and relax with), writing (and lots of it!) and trying to finish up Pride and Prejudice on my Mp3, but my evenings (which are the best time to do all the catching up for me) have lately been taken up by Myst III and old war movies. -wink- ;P
So what have you been doing?
And that's not an absent sort of polite inquiry, if you were wondering.
3 comments:
Sounds like you are having fun! You are more adventurous than me with the driving... I am still not sure I want my permit until I am 30... :) I am not as busy this week, and am enjoying just doing nothing. (And really enjoying reading your blog, too!)
30!? But driving is so much fun! It's not that hard. I mean, I've only taken out ONE of the van's rear-view mirrors, but that's it. :D
Thanks for commenting Hannah!
Haa, haa! Sounds like fun. :) But I think i would be scared going 55. :P I've been trying to get my permit too--read through the manuel once and have been trying to get through it a second time! I agree. Driving is so much fun! Although, I have to make myself not to think about it as a video game. :P
Post a Comment