How about when I felt certain I wanted to be a teacher (of some sort)?
I look waaay back when I wanted to be an Olympic ice skater- or maybe a gymnast- or perhaps I would get into championship show jumping.
Ambitious, yes. Fickle, yes.
And now...
I feel like my calling is in the medical field. I have no idea when that desire took root, but all of the sudden it's just there!
I keep thinking, 'Oh it's way too early to start thinking about that,' or 'Do you really think you could do that?'
Those aggravating arguments where one side says an emphatic "YES" and the other says "No, I don't think so."
But it was kinda coincidental that about the time I started thinking about all this, I found a website.
Get the idea? I don't think I put that desire there.
Am I maturing (finally), or is this just another one of those fickle fancies that are as brief as ardent?
Can I ask my readers to pray for me? I really want to always be in line with God's will- but it can be so hard to know sometimes.
I am
Feeling my way
in this darkness, God,
and it seems I'm going in circles.
Yet you have reminded me
-quietly, just now-
that encircled by your love
with every move in any direction
I go no closer to you
-nor farther either-
than already centered
I am.
No comments:
Post a Comment