Some of you may have received an e-mail from me, some of you may have visited my Personal Page, and some of you may have read Emily's Facebook post that utilizes threats of estrangement to coerce some into donating...
But for those of you who might not have heard...
March 8th, 2015, I will be participating in the 24th Annual Scott Firefighter Stairclimb in Seattle, WA, as part of a fundraising event in support of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
Over 1900 firefighters from around the world gather for this competition that comprises a timed race up 69 flights of stairs, 1311 steps and a vertical elevation of 788 ft, all in full structural turnouts and SCBA.
Yeah, I'm probably gonna die--or pass out. I've already started training, getting out on my bally ankle (that I hurt when I tripped on the curb like the klutz I am) and running. But if you're going to climb stairs, you're going to train on stairs.
So, I just have to find a day when I have spare time (a commodity not many people have these days--particularly working college students) to mount and descend our staircase 69 times.
You can help support me and the fight to find a cure for blood cancers by visiting my Personal Page and making a donation. All participants must raise a minimum of $300 in pledges to compete, but most are taking it way beyond that. I've set my goal for $1000 this year. There are 143 days left of fundraising and since registering two days ago I have reached 9% of my goal.
Will you help me reach my goal, and help us break the record and reach 2 million in pledges this year?
No comments:
Post a Comment