- Class is officially over. We are done! I am completely checked off on all my skill--all those skills I was afraid would just leak right out the back of my head, they're still there. Now they just need to stay there until October 4th, which is the date of our Practical Exam.
- I'm Awake and Alive. Any day I can get up and look decent after a shower is a pretty good day. (and yes, I love that song by Skillet)
- Disney music concert featuring me and Emily in the car on the way home from Salem--all recorded on the dash cam. Yep, that video is a keeper.
- Strawberry/blueberry/banana/flax yogurt for lunch--actually a much better choice than PB&J or an entire Cinnabon.
All these are reasons that today was great, but I must be sure to not exclude the event that made today truly awesome.
Newsboys, at the Oregon State Fair!!!!!!!!!!!!
We rocked the night with some of my all time favorites, including Born Again, The King Is Coming, God's Not Dead, That's How You Change the World, Restart and Love Like I Mean It.
I have also realized that this was the first concert I can recall going to (at least, simply for the pleasure of it). I don't really count the Joe Diffie concert I had to sit through at the Yamhill County Fair because I was helping staff the first aid station. And the symphony really doesn't compare with the Newsboys.
Needless to say, Emily and I had a fabulous time, and finished the day by wandering round the fair grounds drooling over the tantalizing smells of elephant ears, pizza, fried snickers and popcorn, squealing over the cute little ducks, pigs, alpacas and donkeys in the petting zoo (which, sadly was closed) and wishing so hard that tickets were not so expensive so that we could play for the giant, fluffy unicorns and dragon stuffies.
We may pretend to be mature and responsible, but when we're together, unsupervised and have money...it gets messy...fast.
2 comments:
Sounds like you ladies had a fantastic time together!
Congrats on finishing your class and I hope your exam goes well!
Hugs to ya!
Auntie M
I think I speak for everyone when I say...We're dying to see your Disney singalong video!! :P
Kaylee hates it when I sing Frozen songs.
Post a Comment