18.8.14

REACH

  What happens when the paramedic students have a REACH helicopter land in the school parking lot and the EMT students (us) get to elbow in on the experience?
Quite simply, the most awesome day of class for the whole summer term.

The lady who coordinates the program knows me and my family from church, Sparkies eons ago, Chris and Katie from Chemeketa's EMS program, and of course she's gotten to know me more from this class. I was standing at the front of the group, where short people typically congregate, and she thought I was a good candidate for being the "patient" so the students could try loading someone onto the chopper.
I may have been "volun-told", but considering that being a flight medic is my dream job, I was very happy to oblige.

When we were told that we were going to be allowed (under the careful supervision of one of the paramagic students--don't want those stupid EMT students hurting themselves!), my friend Makenzie and I practically bolted from our seats and stampeded downstairs. We were transported to the Seventh Heaven of Bliss as the REACH helicopter flew in over the parking lot where the LZ was set up. The things we get heart palpitations over is ridiculous!

I wish I had more pictures, or a good video of the helo landing. I might later on, considering that the majority of the 40 students (approximately) and staff had their phones out during the landing. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome!!!!! Love the REACH class days :-)
~KT

Hannah C. said...

Wow! How fun!! :)