7.6.11

Happy April Fool's Day!

Alright, I'm sorry. Like, really, really sorry if that last post freaked you out at all or made you faint.
I really am sorry, though if I fooled you I can snicker safely behind the computer screen.

The blood and the wound was fake.
I know, you'll never trust me again.

But, oh, was it hilarious seeing everyone's reactions.
I did it while Mom and Dad were in town. Dad saw the unfinished blog post below up on the
computer and asked, "What is that?"
I had him fooled, but not for long. I can't hide a smile very well. ;P
Mom's response was "What did you do?"
But the crowning triumph of my labors was the response of my paramedic friend, KT.
She was concerned and asked questions about the nature of the wound (how'd I get it, does it burn, itch, how deep s it, etc...)
She told me she was going to wash it with soap and water.
So while she digs around in the medicine closet for hydrogen peroxide, I wash off the makeup with water.
"Did you use soap, Megan," she asks sternly (I'll note here that the makeup was completely gone
and my arm was open to her sight).
No? She makes me wash with soap, and it isn't until she's about to pour hydrogen peroxide on it that she notices that there's nothing there. No cut, no scratch, no scar. Zip, zilch.
We all laughed our heads off and she got back at me by mussing up my ponytail.

So...How'd I do it?

My resources were limited, but I managed.

Fake Blood:
- 2-3 Tbs. Corn Syrup
-Red food coloring (I didn't really measure this, so just enough to make it the right red for blood)
-Flour, cornstarch or cocoa powder to thicken it (cocoa powder will also darken it)

Choose the spot where you want your fake wound. Places like the hands, wrists, neck or face are great. I did mine on the underside of my arm and it was kind of awkward holding it so that the "blood" wouldn't smear on my skirt.
I used a red watercolor pencil and made of few light strokes , then smeared them to make the area lightly reddened.
With a brown watercolor pencil, trace the path of your wound, nice and jagged.
With a toothpick, glob some blood on there and cover the brown lines.

This is with thinner "blood", which made it look fresher.
This is with thicker, darker blood which looks kinda dried and goopy.

And don't forget to put butterflies on it!
-Note- this could be a fun trick to play on your babysitter.
Just joking!!!! Seriously!!

No comments: