Happy 4th! Hope ya'll had a good one!
I had a lot of thoughts running around in my head last night, but now I don't remember what it was I wanted to say. Silly me. :D
I really can't put into words all the patriotic pride I have. Never have been good with words. But I hope we all remembered all the sacrifices that were ever made and made yet for the freedom and independence we enjoy (and probably sometimes take for granted).
In our family Sunday School we read through the Declaration of Independence. We got to talking about all the offenses the King had committed on the colonies over years and years, and it's a long list of serious offenses. And then you think about all the things we complain about today. They are pale in comparison, I think.
We take for granted our freedoms. We think we suffer so much, etc... I'm sure the Founding Fathers, if they were to see where we are today, would be shocked by where our country has gone, yet they might be thinking, "You haven't seen injustice yet..."
Realizing that we still have freedoms and rights is one step. But are we going another step and working to bring this country back to where it needs to be- could be, if we would just stop and realize we need God to take us back?
Alright, I've actually said way more than I planned to. Happy 4th!
-whew!-
No comments:
Post a Comment