27.7.10

Day #3

Favorite book.
Without a doubt my favorite book is A Table in the Presence, by Carey Cash. "An inspiring account of how a U.S. Marine battalion experienced God's grace amid the chaos of the War in Iraq." The stories Lt. Cash tells are amazing! All the different ways God miraculously (yes, miraculously) watched over the men who first crossed the border into Iraq. It's almost crazy and staggering (to me anyway). Really, the battalion shouldn't have come out with as many men as they did. I was reading the account of April 11th as they fought their way through the streets of Baghdad I was thinking Oh my goodness! They'll never come at alive! But they did.
People sometimes think that God doesn't work the same kind of miracles that He did in Biblical times, but He does.
This book is fantastic (Em and I were fighting tooth and claw for it when neither of us could put it down! That's saying something when Emily likes the same book as me. LOL!) A must read!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an amazing book. :D

Megan said...

It is! The best I've ever read!