Time is ticking.
I get a sense of intense excitement commingled with a feeling of impending doom when I think about it.
I get a sense of intense excitement commingled with a feeling of impending doom when I think about it.
The Scott Firefighter Stairclimb
Only 55 days left until the event.
Thanks to your generosity, I have reached $357 in fundraising, about 35% of my ambitious goal of $1,000 this year.
One thousand dollars to support cancer patients and fund research for a cure.
I've finally quit feeling like I'm begging for money.
I'm not begging.
This is not for me.
It's for others, and (yes, I'm using the guilt trip), someday it could be for YOU.
According to the Leukemia & Lymphoma society, every 3 minutes one person in the U.S. is diagnosed with blood cancer. Every 10 minutes one person in the U.S. dies of blood cancer. That's 6 people every hour, and approximately 144 every day.
It could be me next.
It could be you.
Or a loved one...
I sent out emails to 42 people when I signed up for the Stairclimb, asking for help in fundraising.
The math isn't too hard.
You don't have to give a lot.
Can you give $10?
That's $420 right there. That would put us at $777.
Can you give $15?
That raises the mark to $987.
Can you tell a friend?
Will you help me get the word out?
My participation is not dependent on your giving right now. I gave, you gave, and thanks to your help I passed the required $300 minimum in fundraising.
Now it's about going above and beyond.
You can join the fight, alongside the 1900+ firefighters from around the world, the LLS volunteers and staff, and many others who are participating in this event to help put an to end blood cancers.
Visit my Personal Page to learn more about the Scott Firefighter Stairclimb, and you can click on the "Donate Now" bar at the top to make a donation.
Let's take it to the top!
No comments:
Post a Comment