21.4.14

Update

 I can breathe--homework is turned in, lunch is made and, ah, kids are in bed.
So while I have a snippet of time, I may as well update this poor neglected blog.

 I said I wasn't saying I was joining the army--and I suppose it's well I did.
I'm not joining the army... at least not during this time in my life.
The very same day I completed my application, after I dropped it off and was driving home from class, I got a call from the recruiter with some bad news.
Without going into too much detail, I have a disqualifying medical issue, something I didn't really foresee. It's still possible that a few years down the road my situation will be different, but for now that door has closed.

Now lest anybody, by any remote chance think that I am not disappointed...I am.
Lest anybody think I have this all together...I don't.
One of the recruiters there is a 68W, and I had a chance to talk with him about his job. The day I dropped off my application, when I walked in, he said, "Ah yes, the fellow 68W... or 68W wannabe."
 It sounds stupid, but after I got the bad news over the phone, I thought about how he said that, and was all downhill from there.
"I'll never be a 68W..." I thought.
And then the waterworks started.
I pulled over and composed myself...pulled over again, recomposed myself...by the time the third wave hit I didn't care. I just wanted to get home.

 It's been a readjustment. I guess for the last few years I've always seen myself serving in the military, and now that that is not to be (at least for the time being) it's been like, "what do I do now?"
Keep going to school, finish my degree (I'm almost finished with my first year), maybe volunteer somewhere, get a job...
 Well, I said it would be interesting to see where this all went, and it didn't go far.
So, let's where life goes from here!

2 comments:

Katie M said...

When the Lord closes a door He opens a window. Keep praising the Lord and He will continue to direct your life's path to further glorify His name. Psalm 34:1 and Psalm 34:18 help me through tough times. Keep in touch missy!!!
~KT

Hannah C. said...

Aw, that would be so hard! God's got such a perfect plan for you right now! I was reading this morning about how the Israelites had to wander in the desert for 40 years but then they were able to enjoy the promised land flowing with milk and honey.

Sometimes God wants us to wander in the desert awhile before we can move on to the next point in our life- even though it is so hard!

I will be praying for you! :)