9.2.12

Tomorrow I Will...

 Tomorrow.
Isn't that a wonderful word.
Everything is going to happen tomorrow.

 When you're a child, tomorrow is when you'll get to stay up late, watch big kid movies, answer the phone all by yourself and be able to reach into the cabinets without standing on a chair (I'm still waiting for that one).

 But now that I am a teen, tomorrow means much more.
Tomorrow I will work on that essay.
Tomorrow I will reorganize my drawers and closet.
Tomorrow I will practice my violin, catch up on my algebra, clean such-and-such, floss my teeth (oops!), etc, etc, etc...

 Tomorrow no longer means the arrival of certain privileges that come with age (wink), but rather the fulfillment of certain duties and obligations.
 But they are always for tomorrow.

 I found out about an essay contest probably somewhere around December, got all pepped up about it, set about at once reading the book on which the essay topics were based and then...put it off.
'Oh, I have until April to finish this thing,' I reassured the purposeful and "get-er-done" side of me.
 December slipped past, January followed, and now here is February and I have only just finished organizing my thoughts and completed one and a half pages of the essay.
Humility is a quality we all need, but I have only recently begun to understand the difference between humility and self-consciousness and self-abasement.
 i.e. I have never finished any writing project not school-related because I have never thought, not for a moment, that anyone would consider my writing worth reading.
 I supposed that (I confess, based mostly on my CAT scores) that I was the dullest knife in the drawer, unable to form just opinions of anything, much less arrange them in a formal, coherent way.
 When I have an opinion, it is stammered out in a blathering, illogical and senseless way.

 Which, by the way, brings me to consider what the point of this post was.
Uh......????????

 Yes, tomorrow will bring great things to me. Tomorrow holds much promise for my future.
"With a little bit of luck you'll never work," right?
 And I say this (as for the quote, never take advice from 'My Fair Lady') I sit in a comfortable swivel chair, yawning and think of all the things I need to do and all the wonderful things I shall accomplish in the not-too-distant, but still rather hazy future.

 And now, I have think I have fully justified not having blogged in almost two months.
Oh, but besides being lazy, I have also been occupied with such things as shopping for something nice to wear to my brother's wedding (because apparently denim and a polo doesn't qualify as 'nice'), frenetically trying to prepare myself for that wretched SAT I'm supposed to take before the summer and writing.

So there blogger! Ha ha ha!
I have successfully avoided you for 39 days, and have only just posted because of all the dust I found had been collecting on my dashboard.

 So goodnight, and farewell until the next time blogging suits my fancy!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to see ya! I'll do it tomorrow, what a wonderful phrase.
CJ