'Tis the season when an army of nutcrackers stands on an endless vigil, a relentless stand-to on the mantle and the piano, their little painted eyes never blinking, their grim smiles that accompany their humor and cheer in the face of such hardships never faltering.
About nine people running around in one store, discreetly ignoring anything obvious or looking pointedly at the floor whenever you took two steps in any direction, and then trying to smuggle your wares to the counter without being accused of shop-lifting. I think one "unnamed"person did actually put something in their pocket, and another of trying to hide an item behind their purse.
Have you ever tried to wrap a present upside down?
I don't mean that.
I mean trying to wrap a present without actually turning it upside down, which, as you know, is an essential part of wrapping it.
My predicament was that my gift was very fragile, and I could under no circumstances turn this thing upside down! Neither did I want to have the ugly side up on the top.
So I taped it together at the side and very painstakingly folded the ends underneath while practically laying on my back to look beneath and see if I was even doing it right.
That was interesting!
'Tis the season for finding suspicious bundles in odd places, for whispered consultations, UPS and the mail-lady stopping by almost every day with packages.
It's that time of year when Amazon gets a lot of business from our family, when we play "musical money" ("If you'll pay for it on your Debit card, I'll pay you back. Oh, no wait. All I have is a twenty. Here, you take the twenty and I'll take your fives and you can make up the difference..." Get the idea?).
It's a dangerous season for people with big mouths like me. I won't go into any detail on those blunders -wink- but they have been frequent.
And they call it "the most wonderful time of the year?"
LOL. ;P
Merry Christmas!
(By the way, if you're wondering why I called my blog Patriot's Pen, since I never really do any patriotic posts, I'm not sure. But bear with me. I love my background and banner, and all my sidebar pics. I guess it's just a place I can completely personalize, let people know what I do and scream to the blog world that I'm proud to be an American, and I support our troops!)
No comments:
Post a Comment